Nomination process & Submissions Guidelines
The evaluation process is designed to be objective, fair and transparent. It will involve a board-selected panel of Rotarians, herein referred to as the Jean Runyon Award Committee, whose responsibilities will include ensuring that:
- All nominations are submitted on or before the due date via mail, email or hand delivery to the Home Care Assistance office on K Street in Sacramento.
- All submissions will be final at the time of submission. Edits or additions cannot be made after submission has been received. Late nominations will not be accepted.
- Submissions meet all the requirements outlined in the Submission Guidelines below.
- Nominations must be type-written or computer generated. Handwritten applications cannot be accepted.
- Nominations may include a nominee’s profile of 50 words or less.
- Nominations may include examples of how nominees meet the Award Criteria and leadership attributes of 150 words or less for each criterion.
- Nominations must be members in good standing of the Rotary Club of Sacramento including but not limited to: membership dues are current and membership is active.
Report Process & Schedule
A scoring process for the Jean Runyon Community Service Award will be used to consistently evaluate each nominee against published criterion to ensure equal opportunity and consideration.
The Jean Runyon Award Committee will evaluate each nomination against the Award Criteria, assigning a point value to the quality of each answer. The points will be assigned based on examples provided in each category as well as illustration of the leadership attributes as described. The Committee will then collaborate on their individual evaluations to identify the top nomination to advance for confirmation.
The Jean Runyon Award Committee will identify the recipient of the Jean Runyon Community Service Award on or before January 3rd, 2022 and present its decision to the Board of Directors at the January 2022 board meeting.
After the award recipient has been identified and confirmed, a member of the Jean Runyon Award Committee will engage with the recipient to prepare for the presentation. The award will be presented at Jean Runyon Day in March 2022.
Jean Runyon Award Committee
The Award Committee is comprised of 4-6 active Rotarians. They have been fully briefed on the Award Criteria and Leadership Attributes that this award is meant to honor.
If a member of the Jean Runyon Award Committee is nominated for the Award, the member will immediately recuse him/herself from the committee and the entire selection process. The Rotary Club of Sacramento president, with recommendation of the committee, will fill that vacancy with another Rotarian.
Jean Runyon Community Service Award Nomination
Please refer to the Nomination Process and Submission Guidelines for full details about the purpose of this award and the award criteria. Your nomination is due no later than December 3rd, 2021 at 5:00pm PST and can be mailed, emailed, or hand-delivered to Home Care Assistance. Our address is 2715 K Street, Ste 100, Sacramento, CA. 95816. For email submissions please send to Latoya@rotarysacramento.com.
In 50 words or less, please introduce your nominee. Tell us their name and a few brief demographic points to help illustrate a bit about them, their life, and their position in the community.
To complete the Award Criteria section, please refer to the Nomination Process and Submission Guidelines document. For each criterion below, in 150 words or less, illustrate the skills, abilities, and experiences of your nominee. Bring to life each section with concrete examples that showcase his/her competency and demonstrated leadership abilities.