Upcoming Tuesday meeting speakers include
- July 31, 2018 – Documentary Film Writer, Producer and Director, Adam Schomer
- August 7, 2018 – Sacramento Mayor Darrell Steinberg
- August 14, 2018 – California State University, Sacramento (CSUS) President, Robert Nelsen
- August 21, 2018 – Sacramento Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce CEO, Amanda Blackwood
- August 28, 2018 – PolitiFact California Editor, Gregory Favre
- September 11, 2018 – Sr. Advisor for Arts to Mayor Steinberg, Dennis Mangers
- September 18, 2018 – Brown Bag Day
- September 25, 2018 – Sacramento Business Journal Editor, David Lichtman
- October 2, 2018 – Visit Sacramento CEO, Mike Testa
- October 23, 2018 – University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Associate Dean for Experiential Learning & Professor of Lawyering Skills & Director, Global Lawyering Skills Program, Mary Beth Moylan on ballot initiatives
- October 30, 2018 – University of California, Davis Chancellor, Gary May
- November 6, 2018 – Rob on the Road
- November 13, 2018 – Jody Nelsen and David Woods Bartley – Mental Health and Suicide
- November 27, 2018 – Changes in the Auto Industry, Rick Neillo
After the World War I, Louis Niello met August Laurent at a car repair shop and in 1921 the two of them opened a small independent shop in San Francisco working as Packard specialists in maintenance and repairs. America’s infinite passion for the automobile had entered a new phase. For many, it was no longer about buying a car to drive but about buying a car for the experience. In no time, the young Packard dealership quickly added the famed luxury line of Pierce-Arrow. The addition of this brand also foreshadowed what would become a Niello hallmark: not only looking at what’s on the road, but what’s coming down it. And that is what Rick Niello will speak to us about.The next generation after Louis Niello, Richard Niello Sr. teamed up with two other young automotive enthusiasts, Wes Lasher and Elmer Hubacher. Both of these men became long term Rotary Club of Sacramento members. All three would become lifelong friends and go on to establish automotive legacies in what would be their new hometown, Sacramento.Today, the tradition continues. In 1995, Rick Niello (Richard Niello Sr.’s son) took the reins of the company and became President. His brother, David Niello, is Vice President of The Niello Company and his third brother, Roger Niello, currently serves as Secretary of the Company.
- December 4, 20118 – Foundation Day – Steve Heath
- December 11, 2018 – Charles Bamforth / The Beer Guy –
Charlie Bamforth is known as the beer guy on the UC Davis campus. However, his nickname is not a result of his collegiate drinking habits, but of his dedication to the alcoholic beverage in the world of academia. Dr. Bamforth specializes in the science of malting and brewing. He conducts research programs focuses primarily on the wholesomeness of beer. But don’t let his academic background trick you into thinking he is a boring scientist. Anyone, who has heard him speak before, knows one thing about Charlie…..…he’s funny!!!! That may be one of the reasons that he has been honored by the students of UC Davis as one of the top three educators in his college.Dr. Charlie Bamforth has been part of the brewing industry for over 35 years. He is formerly Deputy Director-General of Brewing Research International and Research Manager and Quality Assurance Manager of Bass Brewers. He is an Honorary Professor in the School of Biosciences at the University of Nottingham, England and was previously Visiting Professor of Brewing at Heriot-Watt University in Scotland.If you want to get a preview of Charlie, you can see his 1-2 ½ minute videos on The Beauty of Beer orBeer: A Beautiful Artistic Symphony. Yes, Charlie is unique and you won’t want to miss him Tues. Dec. 11.And you won’t want to miss the announcement of our new President-Elect-Elect that day also!
- December 18, 2018 – Daughter’s Day – Alice Sauro
- December 25, 2018 – DARK – Christmas Day
- January 1, 2019 – DARK – New Year’s Day
- January 8, 2019 – Cancer Screening Detection – Dr. Chris Yu – Anpac Bio -Dr. Yu is a highly successful business executive, innovative engineer, and pioneering inventor, filing over 200 patent applications (and earning over 100 to date). A proven, serial entrepreneur, Dr. Yu has consistently delivered solid returns to investors (over 100X and 30X respectively in two start-up companies).Over his 20-year career, Dr. Yu’s innovative and profitable work has spanned the fields of medical devices for cancer screening, biology (bio-membranes), signal detection, transducer design and fabrications, reagents, IC materials, and integrated circuits, among many other technologies.Dr. Yu’s experience includes leadership in three Fortune 500 companies, including Motorola, before launching his own successful start-up companies. As Research & Development Director for one NYSE listed company, he was instrumental in building a small division into a highly successful technology company with more than $200 million in revenue, and a lucrative NSDAQ IPO. Throughout his career, the innovative high-tech products he helped develop have achieved over $3 billion in revenue to date.Dr. Yu’s combined education background in medicine, physics, and engineering, coupled with his extensive experience and delivery in both major corporations and his own, successful start-up companies, has earned him the respect of business leaders, government officials, and media worldwide. As such, Dr. Yu is frequently engaged to speak at respected professional conferences and world-class educational institutions.
Dr. Chris Yu was born into a medical doctor’s family. He attended medical school, before redirecting his studies to Physics and earning his Ph.D. from Pennsylvania State University.
- January 15, 2019 – Anne Marie Schubert / District Attorney -Anne Marie Schubert, Sacramento County’s District Attorney, is back to give us an update on the county’s current status on public safety and crime.Schubert was first elected Sacramento County District Attorney in 2014 with 28 years of law enforcement experience behind her. As a Sacramento County prosecutor, she has sent some of the area’s most notorious and dangerous criminals to state prison. One of Anne Marie’s passions is the pursuit of justice through DNA evidence and cold case prosecution. Today, she is a nationally recognized forensic DNA expert. During her career as a prosecutor, Anne Marie has been recognized by her peers with the Prosecutor of the Year Award.
Since taking office in 2015, she has been committed to working both in the courtroom and in the community. Tuesday, she will be addressing:
Some of the things her office has been doing in the community such as a program that educates youth on the risks, dangers and threats of using social media and the internet today and in the future. Since 2016, 4,000 middle and high school students have participated.
As a DNA expert, she will be talking about genetic genealogy which is the use of DNA testing in combination with traditional genealogical and historical records to solve crimes.
Updates on some cold cases where there has been progress
- Anne Marie is a great speaker on a critical topic of safety in our community, which is why she is back again!
- January 22, 2019 – Best Selling Author – John Lescroart
- January 29, 2019 – Local Development – Mike Heller
- February 5, 2019 – TBA
- February 12, 2019 – Brown Bag Day
- February 19, 2019 – DARK – President’s Day
- February 26, 2019 – Ken Morton / Local Golf Expert
- March 5, 2019, – Compassion in Caregiving – Frances Kakugawa
- March 12, 2019 – TBA
- March 19, 2019 – Farm to Fork – Patrick Mulvaney
- March 26, 2019 – Mark Haney / Entrepreneur
- April 2, 2019 – TBA
- April 9, 2019 – TBA
- April 16, 2019 – Chief Justice Tani Cantil-Sakauye / Chief Justice of CA Supreme Court
- April 23, 2019 – Young Professionals – Jackie, Jamie and Cameron Law
- April 30, 2019 – TBA
- May 7, 2019 – DARK – Golf 4 Kids May 6, 2019
- May 14, 2019 – Golf 4 Kids Thank You – Bob Miller
- May 21, 2019 – Veteran’s Armed Forces Day – Jackie Kirkwood and John Lemmon
- May 28, 2019 – TBA
- June 4, 2019 – TBA
- June 11, 2019 – Son’s Day
- June 18, 2019 – TBA
- June 25, 2019 – Demotion
Upcoming Tuesday meeting speakers TBA
- Former NFL Referee and current NFL television shows Officiating Expert Mike Pereira
- KCRA TV and KFBK Radio Money Expert and Genovese Burford & Brothers Wealth Management and Retirement Plans firm partner Kelly Brothers