Who Rotary Is
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbors, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe, in our communities, and in ourselves.
Solving real problems takes real commitment and vision. For more than 110 years, Rotary’s people of action have used their passion, energy, and intelligence to take action on sustainable projects. From literacy and peace to water and health, we are always working to better our world, and we stay committed to the end.
What Rotary Does
Rotary International works in areas such as:
- The development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service;
- The promotion of high ethical standards in business and professions;
- Service in one’s personal, business, professional and community life; and,
- The advancement of international understanding, goodwill and peace.
Rotary members believe that we have a shared responsibility to take action on our world’s most persistent issues. Our over 35,000 Clubs worldwide work together to:
- Promote peace;
- Fight disease;
- Provide clean water, sanitation and hygiene;
- Save mothers and children;
- Support education; and,
- Grow local economies.
For more information, please visit Rotary International.