Rotary Club of Sacramento is a membership organization that unites people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who take action to deliver real, long-term solutions to pressing issues facing our communities and the world. Each year, Rotary members expand their networks, build lasting relationships, and invest funds and volunteer hours to improve lives and create positive change in the Sacramento region and globally. In exchange for hard work and dedication in support of the Rotary club, members and other participants, and their humanitarian service projects, our employees receive competitive salaries, flexible schedules, benefits, and job enrichment.
Rotary’s Commitment to Diversity
As a global network that strives to build a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change, Rotary values diversity and celebrates the contributions people of all backgrounds, regardless of their age, ethnicity, race, color, abilities, religion, socioeconomic status, culture, sex, sexual orientation, and gender identity.
Club Administrator Job Description
This position performs administrative coordination, planning, and implementation functions as part of a team that is assigned to produce a portfolio of Rotary meetings and events. While supporting Board of Directors and the Foundation Trustees with creating reports, preparing meetings, managing meeting attendance, and minutes. The club administrator works closely with the club president and other officers to ensure that the club operates efficiently and effectively.
Board of Directors and Foundation Trustees Support
- Provide constant support including, but not limited to creating reports, preparing Board and Foundation meetings, etc.
- Prep for and attend meetings, and manage minutes.
Provide administrative support to the RCOS President
- Assist in the current year, providing administrative support, resources, maintain annual President’s calendar and track responsibilities.
Support of President-Elect & President-Elect-Nominee
- Assist in preparation for the upcoming year by providing administrative support, resources and assist them so they can be successful planning their term.
Collaborate on internal and external financial matters, as needed:
- Work closely with the Club’s Bookkeeper and outside accountant.
Manage weekly Rotary meetings by oversee all aspects of weekly Club meetings including, but not limited to:
- Work closely with the Club President to coordinate weekly meeting agenda.
- Coordinate with guest speakers to obtain Power Point presentations and physically set up the Club Meetings including setting up computer, screens, audio visual aids, badges, and podium, etc.
- Operate sound and lights during the meeting.
- Physically clean up after meeting concludes.
- Coordinate meeting reminders & and meeting RSVP system. Track RSVPs and work closely with the caterers
Member Recruitment and New Member Orientation
- Follow up with prospective members and guests that attend weekly meetings and help facilitate next steps including completion of the application.
- Provide membership reports for the Membership Committees including member retention reports and member prospects.
- Attend, assist and follow up with new members.
- Assume quality control of all communications (written, email, social media)
- Work with various Committees to ensure Committee communications, including emails through Club Runner are sent as needed.
Rotary International and District Liaison
- Interface with RI. Ensure the Club has paid all relevant dues and fees and is in good standing with Rotary International, and complete required reports.
- Ensure that the Club is in good standing with the district and that all appropriate paperwork, dues, and other requirements are fulfilled.
- Provide Chairs committee goals, track budgets and members, and maintain ClubRunner updates.
- Serve as the main administrative contact for the Club.
- Oversee all administrative tasks for the Club.
- Maintain important Club records and documents including committee roles, committee materials, reports, etc.
- Run the Rotary Club of Sacramento “Office”
- Assist club members as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Public Service, Development, Sales, or a related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of practical experience working in a similar capacity is required. Experience with administration, nonprofit management, nonprofit administration, community relations, marketing and similar fields preferred. Excellent organizational and communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and financial management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other software programs used for administrative tasks.
- Familiarity with Rotary International and its policies and procedures is preferred, but not required.
Please send resume to Employment@RotarySacramento.com.