Weekly Rotary lunch meetings are held on Tuesdays at the elegant Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church across the street from the McKinley Park Library.
Meetings feature outstanding speakers, networking and a chance to discuss issues during a catered lunch. Join us for vibrant presentations on significant and timely local, national or international topics.
Recent speakers include:
- Congresswoman Doris Matsui;
- Mayor of Sacramento Darrell Steinberg;
- City of Sacramento Police Chief Daniel Hahn;
- Sacramento County District Attorney Anne Marie Schubert;
- First African American Former Mayor of Sacramento Kevin Johnson;
- 3Strands Global Foundation President Ashlie Bryant, on a mission to see a world free from human trafficking;
- World class mountaineer, skier, and business leader Adrian Ballinger
Regular attendance at our weekly meetings helps Rotary members develop strong ties which helps our Club thrive and have continued success. Join us for lunch. Parking is available in the church’s lot or on the surrounding streets. Lunch costs are included in your membership fees and guests are warmly welcomed.
Meeting Schedule & Location
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
600 Alhambra Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95816
|11:30 A.M.||Hosted wine reception|
|12:15 P.M.||Lunch served, business and announcements|
|1:00 P.M.||Speaker presentation followed by Q & A|
Brown Bag Lunches
Brown Bag Lunches feature presentations, discussions and workplace tours from Rotary members with interesting professions or hobbies. All Rotary members may apply to host a Brown Bag Lunch at their workplace to showcase their profession, passion or hobby. These gatherings provide excellent opportunities to get to know other members in small group settings. Brown Bag lunches take place once a year during a weekly Tuesday meeting.
Recent Brown Bag Lunches include:
- Private tours of the Robert T. Matsui U.S. District Courthouse with behind-the-scenes narration by Rotary members Senior U.S. District Judge William Shubb and U.S. District Judge Kimberly Mueller;
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the world of auctions with Brian Witherell. Members viewed a private collection display of Marine art and antiques and luxury items including classic cars, diamond jewelry, and a painting by Wayne Thiebaud;
- A do-it-yourself floral class from Relles Florist owner Jim Relles at his J Street location. Club members designed and assembled their own floral creations to take home, and heard a presentation on the changes in the floral industry and how pricing and delivery services have been impacted by internet-based business practices.