Weekly Rotary lunch meetings are held on Tuesdays. When having in person regular meetings we meet at the elegant Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church across the street from the McKinley Park Library.
Currently due to COVID 19 we are meeting online using Zoom. If you would like to attend a Rotary Sacramento meeting please email the club Rotary office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meetings feature outstanding speakers, networking and a chance to discuss issues during a catered lunch. Join us for vibrant presentations on significant and timely local, national or international topics.
Upcoming speakers include:
- August 4 – Editor of Sac Bee and West Region Editor, Lauren Gustus – Sac Bee: A legitimate News Source in a Fake News Era ;
- August 11 – Sacramento State University Sacramento President, Dr. Robert Nelson, Higher Education in the time of COVID 19;
- August 25 – Mayor Darrell Steinberg;
- September 1 – Congressman Ami Bera;
- September 9 – Keith Knopf, Raley’s and COVID 19
- September 22 – Rotary District 5180 Governor, Brent Hastey;
Stay tuned for an updated list of great speakers.
Regular attendance at our weekly meetings helps Rotary members develop strong ties which helps our Club thrive and have continued success. Join us for lunch. Parking is available in the church’s lot or on the surrounding streets. Lunch costs are included in your membership fees and guests are warmly welcomed.
Meeting Schedule & Location
Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church
600 Alhambra Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95816
|11:30 A.M.||Hosted wine reception|
|12:10 P.M.||Lunch served, business and announcements|
|1:00 P.M.||Speaker presentation followed by Q & A|
Brown Bag Lunches
Brown Bag Lunches feature presentations, discussions and workplace tours from Rotary members with interesting professions or hobbies. All Rotary members may apply to host a Brown Bag Lunch at their workplace to showcase their profession, passion or hobby. These gatherings provide excellent opportunities to get to know other members in small group settings. Brown Bag lunches take place once a year during a weekly Tuesday meeting.
Recent Brown Bag Lunches include:
- Private tours of the Robert T. Matsui U.S. District Courthouse with behind-the-scenes narration by Rotary members Senior U.S. District Judge William Shubb and U.S. District Judge Kimberly Mueller;
- Behind-the-scenes tour of the world of auctions with Brian Witherell. Members viewed a private collection display of Marine art and antiques and luxury items including classic cars, diamond jewelry, and a painting by Wayne Thiebaud;
- A do-it-yourself floral class from Relles Florist owner Jim Relles at his J Street location. Club members designed and assembled their own floral creations to take home, and heard a presentation on the changes in the floral industry and how pricing and delivery services have been impacted by internet-based business practices.